I get the general theme that the data types we are learning are Tree types, i mean, we had already learned about binary trees. I enjoy learning them because they remind me of the idea of the Tree Of Knowledge in the Bible, which is a really random connection but that is how it is. Haha.
Sunday, 5 April 2015
Reactions to Week 8
We explore the data type LinkedList, which is basically a list that contains a value and a child that has another value with another child and so on... it like a chain. LinkedList is pretty much a Tree but with one child. It thought it was fun to play with it, but the LinkedList __add__ method was hard to implement. The reasons why is because I had a hard time figuring out how to do the code so that the chains of two list would be combined, and I had to create a set of "dummy" lists to keep track of everything and combine the lists at end. I had practice with the while loop, which is always good since it is not easy to use and it is important, (I remember in assigment 1 when I had to use it to implement my game).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment